Monday, October 20, 2008

don't check my Y! ID nosy

A simple trick or just a light bulb on my curious mind.

May be you have seen web sites that check a Y! ID for invisibility and avatar photo.I don't link to them,you can find them in WWW.
I'm just thinking about how they work and what is behind the screen.
At beginning i was thinking that your online/invisible/offline status reported to Y! servers and these web sites robots check the invisibility and avatar photo from Y! servers and this is a full passive way to catch information about you and you can not do anything!
I had been in curious mode and thinking about that, immediately a light bulb came out of my head.I quickly fired up my fave sniffer wireshark and started it to capture traffic on my Y! ID client(pidgin) listening port and i saw what i wanted.You can look it in the below picture and blah blah..everything is clear..

P.S:Today I accidentally see metallica new album which named "Death Magnetic".It was much better than previous album of this group.In the previous album i just loved Frantic but there is more lovely songs in this new album..

5 comments:

Unknown said...

really nice . but what things you charitable with this operation?

sCORPINo said...

definitely not an attractive occasion.it was just my curious mind.I was thinking about the way of checking the status and a way to figure out if someone checking me.
it's a kind of handmade IDS for your Y! ID :P
handmade me for my mind draft that i wrote here. ;)

Unknown said...

I heard that before , too late sexy :D it was nearly 1 month or a bit later :p

sCORPINo said...

umm,yes metallica's album came about 1 month later but i heard that yesterday :P
anyway it's a great album,specially "The Day That Never Comes" song.

Unknown said...

Make a update I love ur posts :x